About the CITRIS Foundry
The CITRIS Foundry is a deep tech innovation incubator that supports top entrepreneurs from the University of California build transformative technology companies. Startups in the CITRIS Foundry tackle complex challenges and market opportunities in industries ranging from cleantech to medical devices to consumer products and software.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Community and Events Coordinator to join our innovator ecosystem. You will be responsible for space management of our start-up co-working area, researching and securing venues, developing event timelines , and creatively engaging with our community of entrepreneurs. Your resourcefulness in organizing and supporting events will make you an essential part in promoting our organization and inspiring diverse connections. Ideal candidates should be self-motivated, community-driven, enthusiastic, and ready to multi-task.
Title: Community and Events Coordinator
Location: 450 Sutardja Dai Hall, UC Berkeley
Scope: 20 – 40 hours/week summer; ideally continue 10 hours/week into the fall semester
- Strengthening the CITRIS Foundry brand through community engagement
- Brainstorming and implementing event plans and concepts
- Coordinating logistical elements for a wide variety of events
- Maintaining co-working space, supplies, furniture, and creating a welcoming atmosphere
- Currently enrolled as a student at UC Berkeley
- Experience with events or community outreach
- Well-organized with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Interest in working within and supporting the growth of tech entrepreneurs
How to Apply
1. Be super excited about this opportunity
2. Email Kira Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
Subject line: “CITRIS Foundry Community and Events Coordinator Position”
Body of email: why are you interested? Any recent work/project experience lend itself well?
Attachment: pdf resume or CV