About the CITRIS Foundry
The CITRIS Foundry is a deep tech innovation incubator that supports top entrepreneurs from the University of California build transformative technology companies. Startups in the CITRIS Foundry tackle complex challenges and market opportunities in industries ranging from cleantech to medical devices to consumer products and software.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Communications Assistant to join our dynamic team. You will be responsible for creating digital media marketing campaigns, developing engaging social media content about our community of entrepreneurs, and putting your skills in design to work. Your passion for digital narratives and creative thinking skills will make you an essential part in driving growth and engagement in our start-up ecosystem. Ideal candidates should be creative, multi-media savvy, well organized, and fantastic writers and communicators.
Title: Start-up Communications Assistant
Location: 450 Sutardja Dai Hall, UC Berkeley
Scope: 20 – 40 hours/week summer; ideally continue 10 hours/week into the fall semester
- Help strengthen the CITRIS Foundry brand across web, print, events, and social media
- Build and share a library of success stories from the CITRIS Foundry startup community
- Edit and post WordPress content including news, events, and startup success stories
- Assist with special marketing efforts including Berkeley Innovators speaker series, and CITRIS Foundry Innovators Fair
- Currently enrolled as a student at UC Berkeley
- Background in graphic and visual design principles (color, typography, layout)
- Familiarity with WordPress and using editorial and brand guidelines to create easily recognizable work
- Interested in trends and best practices for communications and social media
How to Apply
- Be super excited about this opportunity
- Email Kira Gardner at email@example.com with the following:
- Subject line: “CITRIS Foundry Start-up Communications Assistant Position” Body of email: why are you interested?
- Any recent work/project experience lend itself well?
- Attachment: pdf resume or CV