Job Title: Administrative Coordinator (4722C) – CITRIS (Health)
Job ID: 19315
Location: UC Berkeley
The Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society (CITRIS) and the Banatao Institute is a four-campus institute comprising the Berkeley, Davis, Santa Cruz, and Merced campuses of the University of California. In addition to the Colleges of Engineering on these campuses, numerous other academic departments (e.g., UC Davis Medical Center, The UC Berkeley Schools of Information and Public Health, the Haas School of Business, UC Santa Cruz’s Engineering and Center for Sustainable Energy and Power Systems, UC Merced’s Healthcare Services and Research Institute and many others) are involved in the research at CITRIS.
CITRIS Health has launched two large new projects in the rapidly expanding digital and telehealth sphere and requires an Administrative Coordinator to help coordinate them. Details on the two projects:
The Lighthouse program is a targeted response for vulnerable older adults residing in congregate living settings through the development and implementation of a rapidly deployable and scalable program that provides telehealth, internet accessibility and digital literacy training to improve access to health care services and communication, ultimately leading to improved health, engagement, information, safety and well-being for older adults. The ACTIVATE Program (Accountability, Coordination, and Technology In the Valley to Achieve Transformation and Equity) was launched to rapidly design and deploy an innovative, evidence-based, sustainable telehealth program that will benefit vulnerable populations in rural and agricultural communities, and that can be easily replicated and scaled across California and the US. This project provides an actionable, measurable, and proactive set of solutions to address many of the health/mental health challenges encountered by vulnerable populations in rural and agricultural communities due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Application Review Date
First Review Date: Open until filled.
30% Leadership Support: Provides professional and administrative support to the CITRIS Director Health and Associate Director Health, to include:
- Maintains CITRIS Health Directors international calendars and schedules.
- Arranges meetings for the CITRIS Health Directors and for other CITRIS Health initiatives, including high profile attendees.
30% Office Administration:
- Supports CITRIS Health and related webpage content and management.
- Assists in social media, newsletters, and webinars for CITRIS Health events and internal/external meetings.
- Coordinates and prepares agendas for CITRIS Health initiative meetings.
- Performs advanced word processing and desktop publishing and prepares and edits documents, including meeting minutes, reports, memos, letters, and electronic mail, with Microsoft Office applications and other software programs.
30% Event, Meeting, and Communications Support:
- Develop and manage branding, marketing, and digital communications for the institute’s signature events, including the annual CITRIS Day research showcase, annual Town Hall, and VIP meetings, along with other strategic priority events.
- Create and distribute event marketing materials in coordination with events manager and other colleagues.
10% Assists with CITRIS Health budget and expense monitoring, and travel/other reimbursements.
This is an 18-month, temporary position (full-time) – this job will not convert to a career appointment
- Thorough knowledge in administrative procedures and processes including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills, active listening, critical thinking, multi-task and time management skills.
- Requires interpersonal and work leadership skills to provide guidance to other nonexempt personnel.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
- This is an 18-month position. Limited positions may be eligible for core benefits depending on the appointment type and hours.
- The hourly salary range designated for this position: $24.90 – $32.64; however, starting salary will be commensurate with experience.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: