If you find solving puzzles, observing the natural world, building tools, or writing code rewarding, we invite you to apply to the 2020 Women In Tech Initiative.
¡Valle de Exploracion! Find your path to a tech career.
When: February 7, 2020 – February 9, 2020
Where: California Room, Terrace Center, 5200 N Lake Rd, Merced, CA 95343
This program is for undergraduate students from Central Valley community colleges and universities interested in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
Hosted by CITRIS @ UC Merced, Merced College, and Google ExploreCSR, the Valle de Exploracion 3-day workshop prepares women and historically underrepresented groups in STEM for rewarding careers in technology. We are recruiting for a cohort of 32 students who will connect with each other and grow with graduate students, faculty, staff, and leaders.
The benefits of this training and education in STEM include increased:
- Confidence in technical skills.
- Networking and self-advocacy skills.
- Capacity to lead and to contribute to a team project.
- Awareness of potential research opportunities and careers and how to access them.
- Students will gain an understanding of computing research, prepare their portfolio with the guidance of faculty, participate in computing discipline workshops, and interact with speakers, faculty, and peers about their journey to becoming researchers and tech innovators.
For more information: citris.ucmerced.edu/techcareer
Questions? Leigh Bernacchi email@example.com