This workshop is hosted by the Open Access Initiative and is aimed to be an intuitive way for professors, researchers, and students to gain useful knowledge on how publishing open access works. Some of the questions that will be answered include:
* How to publish your research Open Access (hard sciences and social sciences)?
* How to receive funding to publish Open Access?
* How to publish research data?
* How will you be affected by the new UC Open Access policy?
* How do the rights to your research work?
Speakers will include:
* Prof. Pamela Samuelson – Berkeley Law School and School of Information
* Prof. Randy Schekman – HHMI Investigator, Editor-in-Chief of eLife, Dept. of Mol. and Cell Biology
When: Monday, October 21st, 5:00-6:30 pm (followed by a reception)
Where: 210 South Hall (2nd floor), UC Berkeley School of Information
Part of international Open Access Week: http://www.openaccessweek.org/