Due to popular demand, a morning session has been added for this performance improvement workshop with Dr. Tom Jackson! (It has the same content as the afternoon session.)
This session will explore the effective A3 Lean Management Tool in a public health application, though other industries are welcome to attend. In healthcare, the A3 Lean Management Tool (A3) can play a pivotal role in addressing the pressing problems of high cost and poor quality.
We encourage teams to participate in this interactive workshop; a team is 6-8 co-workers.
The A3 is a large-format, one-page report that summarizes an agreement between a manager and his or her superior to improve a value stream or process to meet organizational objectives. A typical A3 contains:
– a succinct description of a problem or opportunity
– focused improvement targets
– a causal analysis of the problem
– a proposed action
– an action plan
The one-page format of the A3 encourages:
– clarity of thinking and presentation
– improvement of communication both vertically (up and down the chain of command) and horizontally (between cooperating service lines, departments or external organizations)
In this session, the second in the new Innovative Leaders Speaker Series, Dr. Jackson will help participants:
– understand how to manage change and develop leaders with the A3 team charter
– understand how the scientific method defines A3 thinking
– apply A3 thinking by developing an A3 team charter based upon a case study of a large integrated medical center