The Human Impacts Institute, German Consulate San Francisco, Transatlantic Climate Bridge Program of Germany, Bioneers, Impact Hub,Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society (CITRIS), Story Corps, and the Berkeley Center for New Media invite you to:
Human Impact Bay Area: Innovation for the Climate Breakthrough
Wednesday, November 19th from 6:00-9:30pm including VIP networking reception at 6pm
Sutardja Dai Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720
The Human Impacts Institute (HII) is headed to the Bay Area for a night of art and conversation around innovative ways to tackle climate change. From decision-making apps to video games to algae fuel, see what innovations are going to change the world. This Human Impacts Salon will be our eighth in a creative communication series in partnership with the Transatlantic Climate Bridge of the German Embassy, where we bring together unlikely allies doing great climate work with multimedia conversation and live arts performances from Ashel Eldridge and Helen Wicks (invited).
Join us for an evening of engaging discussion from a diversity of Bay Area’s community leaders, thinkers, and artists. This event will be free and open to the public.
- Dr. Georg Maue, First Secretary of Climate and Energy, German Embassy to the U.S.
- Greg Niemeyer, Program Director, Berkeley Center for New Media
- Zakiya Harris , Artist, Educator, and Changemaker
- Joshua Sheridan Fouts, Executive Director, Bioneers
- Jason Rissman, Managing Director, OpenIDEO, IDEO
- Ashel Eldridge, CEO and Founder, SOS Juice, and Founder, Earth Amplified
- Ben Brown, Products Manager, Google (invited)
- Jane McGonigal, Designer of alternate reality games (invited)
At the Human Impacts Institute, we inspire action for strong communities and a healthy environment through hands-on, service education, coalition building, and using arts and culture for social good. For more info: HumanImpactsInstitute.org