How can we engage diverse talent to transform the future of infrastructure to address inequality and promote smarter environments?
Join EDGE in Tech, CITRIS and the Banatao Institute, and Berkeley Engineering on Thursday, March 2, 2023, for Smarter Tech for a Resilient Future, a virtual symposium highlighting the experiences of experts using emerging technologies to advance innovation for more sustainable infrastructure.
The event will feature professionals who are pioneering new approaches to intelligent transportation networks, healthy indoor environments, aviation infrastructure and next-generation agriculture. Speakers will also discuss their career pathways to help attendees visualize themselves in high-growth sectors and rise to meet society’s needs for a greener future.
The symposium will also feature the EDGE in Tech Athena Awards, recognizing leaders who have championed the advancement of women and people of color in technology.
Who should attend?
The symposium is open to the public, allowing everyone to join the conversation and reimagine a more fair and resilient future for all. In addition to students, staff and faculty, we welcome participants from startups, nonprofit and government organizations, and established companies.
The symposium will feature:
- A fireside chat with Tsu-Jae King Liu, dean of Berkeley Engineering, and special guest
- Two keynote talks
- Featured panels convened by UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC Merced and UC Santa Cruz:
- Inclusive Innovation on the Farm of the Future hosted by UC Merced
- Every Breath You Take: The Future of Indoor Air Quality hosted by UC Davis
- Advanced Manufacturing in the 21st Century hosted by UC Berkeley
- The Future of Aviation hosted by UC Santa Cruz
- Deep-dive sessions:
- Smarter Tech for National Security
- How To Get a Job in Smart Tech
- Intelligent Transportation and Mobility Systems