The spring 2021 cohort application is now open for the CITRIS Foundry Innovation Incubator. Receive the resources, mentorship, and connections needed to translate your innovation into impact.
The CITRIS Foundry Innovation Incubator empowers entrepreneurs from the University of California to build transformative companies that will have a significant impact on the world. The program leverages the resources and expertise of the University of California innovation ecosystem and our global collaborations to support new ventures, social enterprises, and tech transfer pathways that can influence and impact entire industries.
What we offer
- A diverse network of CITRIS Foundry peers and alumni
- Introductions to funders, VC, angel, grants, banks, faculty, researchers, etc.
- Guided road-mapping targeting funding, product, and industry
- Six months of 1-1 coaching
- Hand-matched mentors from top University of California and Silicon Valley experts in their fields
- Monthly facilitated small group open circles
- Research and prototyping facilities (Marvell NanoLab, CITRIS Invention Lab, etc.)
- Legal, banking, and research support
- Up to 100k in AWS Credits
- GOEngineer SolidWorks licenses and software support
- Content-specific workshops
Program timeline and structure
- Stage I: Identify and Roadmap (2 months) – During this period, CITRIS Foundry teams will receive intensive coaching and co-working, solidifying product road mapping and identification.
- Stage II: Implement and Iterate (4 months) – During this period, teams will be matched with mentors in order to improve product implementation and test iteration.
- Stage III: Graduate and Continue to Grow – As program alumni, teams will continue to grow, be part of the CITRIS Foundry community, and be able to share updates with the CITRIS Foundry. Alumni are also encouraged to participate in Foundry events and meet new cohorts.
Apply to join the CITRIS Foundry Incubator
The incubator applications close on Friday, January 8, 2021. Teams will be considered for interview and acceptance within 3 weeks of the close of application.
- Team of 2 – 5 founders and have technical expertise in the proposed venture’s core innovation.
- Project is based on an innovation in the discipline of information technology, biological or physical sciences, or other engineering fields.
- Venture has raised no more than $500,000 in debt or equity funding from non-governmental sources at the time of application.
- One founding team member must have one of the following affiliations with one of the CITRIS UCs (UCD, UCB, UCSC, UCSF, UCM): current graduate student, undergraduate student, post-doc, faculty, staff, recent (< 3 years) alumni, visiting scholars.
If you would like to prepare your application in advance, please see the CITRIS Foundry application guide.
The Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society (CITRIS) and the Banatao Institute drive interdisciplinary innovation for social good with faculty researchers and students from four University of California campuses – Berkeley, Davis, Merced, and Santa Cruz – along with public and private partners.
To learn more about CITRIS, sign up for our newsletter: bit.ly/SubscribeCITRIS