The BECC Conference 2017 Call for abstracts is open. Closes on April 1, 2017.
The Behavior, Energy & Climate Change Conference (BECC) is the premier international conference focused on understanding human behavior and decision making. This knowledge can accelerate the transition to an energy-efficient and low-carbon future. Currently, in its 11th year, BECC is associated with a growing set of allied conferences in Europe and Asia.
We are seeking new, innovative research and applied work from leaders in behavioral sciences on the adoption of energy efficiency in energy production and use.
BECC draws a broad mix of attendees:
- Researchers (e.g., economics, psychology, sociology, anthropology, management, law, humanities, and interdisciplinary)
- Decision makers (e.g., from federal, state, and local agencies, as well as legislators, and regulators)
- Practitioners (e.g., utilities, consultants, manufacturers, designers, architects, entrepreneurs, marketers, and purchasers)
- Influencers (e.g., community organizers, nonprofit leaders, media, religion, and entertainment professionals)
Behavioral research insights can help:
- Find real energy savings that will benefit the economy, security, and the environment
- Accelerate climate-friendly innovation via appealing, user-focused design, effective management, and fast social diffusion
- Increase the benefits and decrease the costs of energy-oriented policies and programs
- Improve the analytic models that guide our vision for the future
BECC Conference 2017
October 16 through October 18
Pre-conference Workshops – October 15
Hyatt Regency Sacramento – Sacramento, CA
Submit a Presentation/Paper/Poster Abstract
Submit a Panel Abstract
The Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society (CITRIS) and the Banatao Institute drive interdisciplinary innovation for social good with faculty researchers and students from four University of California campuses – Berkeley, Davis, Merced, and Santa Cruz – along with public and private partners.
To learn more about CITRIS, sign up for our newsletter: bit.ly/SubscribeCITRIS