- Biotechnology policy and strategy
- Innovation and affordability for medical technology
- Cardiac and orthopedic devices
- Health insurance
- Physician and hospital payment methods
- 2014 – 2016. Principal Investigator. Research project on impact of reference pricing on use and price of laboratory tests and diagnostic imaging. Funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- 2014 – 2018. Co-Principal Investigator. Research project on cost and quality impacts of reference pricing. Funded by the U.S. Agency for Health Care Research and Quality (AHRQ).
- 2008 – present. Director, Berkeley Center for Health Technology. Responsible for overall strategy and direction, setting research agenda and directing major projects, fundraising and sponsor relationships, working with staff to plan and deliver educational programs.
- 2008 – present. Contributing Editor, Health Affairs. Support the editorial staff in planning new thematic issues, reviewing articles, maintaining relationships with sponsor organizations, and writing articles for peer review.