Creative storytelling for University of California researchers and innovators
CITRIS Productions offers high-quality and affordable digital media production services to bring your organization’s story to life.
- Quality – Cinematic quality and documentary-style portrayal of your mission through real stories and real people.
- Value – Great value for filming, editing, and photography packages.
- Location – We are conveniently located on the UC Berkeley campus.
Most of our videos can be found in the CITRIS Vimeo page.
1. Consulting and Strategy – At the start of each project, we meet with you to understand your audience and objectives. From there, we collaborate to uncover the most effective storyline that supports these goals.
3. Production – Our filmmaking team arrives onsite, stages the equipment, meets the subjects, and films for one or more hours. We capture the best content while putting your speakers at ease.
2. Pre-production – Our team takes a journalistic approach to craft your film’s story. We develop a narrative arc for the story along with a series of interview questions to guide the featured speakers. You then review and provide feedback on the plan. With a concise pre-production document in hand, we have a clear alignment between the client, filmmaker, and editor and are ready to begin production.
4. Editing and Delivery – Our editors bring your story to life using segments that accomplish the film’s goal and narrative arc. The team adds appropriate music to support the mood of the story, mixes sound, and adds graphic elements as needed. We provide an initial version for your review and feedback, enlisting you as a partner in the creative process. After the final cut is approved, we deliver the video in a high-quality digital format suitable for large and small screens.
We are a creative team passionate about telling great stories. Our strengths include:
- Multi-camera filming, interviews, short documentaries, short films, research showcases, event videography, and photography
- Video editing, motion graphics, media encoding, audio editing, processing and treatment, digital publishing
Sony A7s, Canon L- Series Lenses, Zeiss Lenses, DJI Ronin 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer, Edelkrone Sliderplus, and Manfrotto tripods.
LED panels, reflectors, and Kino Flo 2×4.
Zoom H4N recorder, Sennheiser wireless lav mics, Sennheiser NKG mic, and Rode shotgun microphone.
Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, iZotope Audio Editor, Davinci Resolve.
Work with Us
If you are interested in working with us, please fill out our project request form. We will get back to you within 5 business days. If you have questions about your request, please contact email@example.com.