Build your skills and make a positive impact!
At the Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society and the Banatao Institute (CITRIS), we help faculty and students develop new technologies that benefit society with a special focus on healthcare, robotics, environment, and policy. Our invention and entrepreneurship ecosystem includes the CITRIS Invention Lab maker space, the CITRIS Foundry startup incubator, and the CITRIS Tech for Social Good program, as well as inclusive programming through our EDGE in Tech initiative, among other programs and labs across the UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC Merced, and UC Santa Cruz campuses. To learn more, visit https://citris-uc.org.
As a writing assistant, you’ll work alongside experts and leadership across our four UC campuses to distill complex information into compelling stories. You’ll help produce content in multiple formats such as press releases, news articles, blog posts, social media copy, e-newsletter text, video scripts, and more.
Typical tasks consist of interviewing a researcher about their groundbreaking technology, drafting a press release to announce a new industry partnership, contacting reporters with news briefs, developing engaging social media copy, or working with department staff to develop media designed to promote our unique capabilities and successes.
- Grow your portfolio by applying your editorial passion to create engaging content
- Make a positive impact by highlighting research aimed to benefit society
- Gain insight into a multi-campus, multidisciplinary research environment with connections to industry partners interested in emerging technologies
- Take part in team brainstorming sessions and pitch ideas
- Have flexible hours with opportunities for remote work
We look forward to hearing from you!
Questions may be directed to email@example.com. Thanks!